About a year ago I started a project known as Omega. The objective of the project was to build a bartop arcade that could handle most games released between 1972 – 2006+. From today this project will be official renamed from Omega to RetroBox.
While the actual build of the arcade was a great success, the software wasn’t impressive at all. In order to get up and running as quickly as possible, I decided to use HyperSpin as my arcade front end. HyperSpin is probably one of the best front ends for now, but has some annoying glitches while navigating, doesn’t feature a search engine or support any of my custom hardware (just to name a few).
Because of this I decided to develop my own front end. RetroBox, which will be the name of my custom arcades and front end is still under heavy development. Once I manage to get the first beta out I will make a proper post about the software and its capabilities.